Based in Paris, France
PC / Linux
The Queen of the Underworld is no more! Long live the Queen! The goddess Persephone had her title stolen by Demeter and her powerful followers, the Eleusinian Mysteries. Take back your title and reign in this leader focused turn-based JRPG set deep in the platformer-lite Greek Underworld! Designate and switch leaders to empower allies or oppress foes using their acquired titles of four types: Team! Leader! Fear! Target! Explore the 2D land of the dead filled with adorable characters and battle its denizens and gods who obey the new Queen.
Hegemone Pass started development from the remnants of an early action RPG project focused around a card system, built in Flixel. The engine was then ported to HaxeFlixel, but the game was scrapped, and from its engine was built a turn-based RPG, using its platforming system for the exploration, and a battle system coded from scratch.
- Overthrow Demeter and restore order as Persephone, the rightful Queen of the Underworld, in an epic set in Greek Mythology's often misunderstood realm, the Underworld!
- Explore the Underworld like a platformer, and battle foes in turn-based RPG battles in over 25 story missions!
- Empower your allies or oppress your foes as the leader with your title, and take out their leader!
- Play as 3 different party members, with unique abilities: bunny float, smash rocks and super speed!
- Unlock the powers of a goddess: cast magic from flowers, emit shockwaves, and walk on lava!
- Features an adorable cast of humans, gods and monsters!
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Meringue Entertainment
A small, emerging indie studio focused on creating fully fleshed-out games that are designed to reach the summit. At present, Meringue uses established game genres, while trying new ideas within those genres, always reaching solutions beyond any technical limitations.
More information on Meringue Entertainment, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Hegemone Pass Credits
Director, Developer, Artist